The anti-inflation shield allowance in Poland was introduced as part of the fight against high inflation. It is an additional several hundred zlotys for the poorest people. To obtain support, certain conditions must be met and an appropriate application must be submitted.
The anti-inflation shield allowance is an element of the anti-inflation shield. Additional funds are to help people with the lowest incomes cope with rampant inflation and reduce the problems of rising energy ( incl. gas) and food prices.
Ekstra money for pensioners. How much is it?
The amount of the anti-inflation shield allowancedepends on the household income. Its amount per year may be up to:
- PLN 400 for single-person households with income up to PLN 2,100 per month;
- PLN 600 for 2-3-person households with an income of up to PLN 1,500 per person per month;
- PLN 850 for 4-5-person households with income up to PLN 1,500 per person per month;
- PLN 1,150 for households of 6 and more with an income of up to PLN 1,500 per person per month.
Until when to apply for the Anti-inflation shield allowance?
The application must be submitted by October 31, 2022. This can be done at the commune office. However, it is worth recalculating your income from recent years. There are two periods that count, depending on when we submitted the application:
- Income from 2020 is taken into account in the case of an application submitted in the period from 1 January 2022 to 31 July 2022,
- The income from 2021 is taken into account for an application submitted between 1 August 2022 and 31 October 2022.
So it is good to include the next payment of thirteen and fourteen in the calculations. The money is to be paid by the government at the start of August and September. Pensioners will receive it ex officio in the amount of the minimum “old-age” pension.